The 2017/18 Program has finished. Please keep an eye on this page for information on the 2018/19 Program.
Program Coordinator & Head Coach: Nicky Western
The HAS triathlon program forms an integral component of the Triathlon Athlete Development Pathway. This program is designed to assist the individual athlete's development so that they progress further in the sport with a strong focus on providing greater skill development, strength and conditioning support and physical preparation.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the program:
- skill development sessions focussed on the skills specific to the sport of triathlon (bike, run, swim);
- access to a network of specialised coaches;
- athlete education in topics such as: physiotherapy, and psychology;
- strength and conditioning coaching;
- competing in events such as, NSW State Junior Series races, Regional Academy Games, and the TA Youth Championships.
Each athlete will be outfitted with an Academy polo, and tracksuit. The uniform is to be worn at all squad sessions (training and educational) and is to be worn at competitions and events.
- Age group: Atheltes must be born between 2000 & 2005.
- Reside within the Hunter Region;
- Attend school within the Hunter Region;
- Registered with a local club/association;
- Be motivated and have the potential to progress through the TNSW Athlete development pathway;
- Demonstrate a dedication to improving performance;
- Be able to commit to all planned HAS program events