This program is proudly supported by
The 2018 program is currently running.
Coach: Dan Frodsham
This program is designed to support the developmental needs of the Hunter's young talented surfers in a high performance training environment.
Regular sessions will be held at various venues primarily throughout the Hunter Region including Redhead, Merewether, Bar Beach and the Port Stephens area. Eligible athletes will be exposed to high level competitions along the key pathway events of Regional titles and State titles. A selection panel will assess each application.
The following benefits will apply to those selected in the 2018 program:
- training sessions to further develop skills
- access to a network of specialised coaches
- education sessions in sports science topics
- competing in targeted events: Regional and State titles
- inter-academy training days
- Camp at the Surfing Australia High Performance Centre (tbc)
To be eligible to apply for a position within the 2018 surfing program, athletes must be:
- boys and girls 12-18 years of age (born 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)
- a resident within the Hunter Region;
- attending school within the Hunter Region;
- a financial member of Surfing NSW/registered with a board rider club
A program levy will be applicable to successful athletes, the amount of this levy will be determined by th enumber of athletes chosen to be in the program. A uniform levy will also be applicable (inc. GST).
2018 Hunter Academy of Sport Surfing Squad
2017 ClubsNSW Academy Games, Central Coast
Enquire HERE for next year's program.